AMVETS VA Post 69 is a local Veterans Services Organization (VSO) in Virginia Beach, VA.
We have been a post within the Department of Virginia for over 30 years. We have one of the largest AMVETS posts within the Commonwealth of Virginia despite not having a physical post building like you find with other VSO's. The lack of a physical post home makes us unique where we rely on our members to recruit new members and to be actively engaged in the community ensuring that AMVETS is represented well with our veteran and active-duty personnel and their families.
We are an active post, participating in many community events throughout the year, including being the only post in Virginia to participate in the Veteran's Day parade held in Virginia Beach along with other VSO members of the Hampton Roads Council of Veterans Organizations (HRCVO). This parade is the only authorized parade by the Department of Veterans Affairs in the commonwealth. AMVETS was the proud parade co-sponsor in 2019!
The post meets monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 6 PM for a social dinner, and immediately following (7 PM) our business meeting. We meet at Gus and Georges Spaghetti and Steak House, located at 4312 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
American Veterans (AMVETS) is a non-profit organization that provides support and advocacy for veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Here are some of the things AMVETS does:
1. Advocacy: AMVETS is actively involved in advocating for the rights of veterans. They work to ensure that veterans have access to the benefits and services they need, including healthcare, education, and job training.
2. Support: AMVETS provides a range of support services to veterans and their families. This includes financial assistance, housing assistance, and access to healthcare.
3. Community Service: AMVETS is committed to giving back to the community. They sponsor a variety of programs that benefit veterans, youth, and other members of the community.
4. Education: AMVETS provides scholarships and educational programs to help veterans and their families further their education.
5. Fellowship: AMVETS offers opportunities for veterans to connect with each other, including through local and national events. Overall, AMVETS is dedicated to serving the needs of veterans and their families and improving the quality of life for all Americans.
Overall, AMVETS is dedicated to serving the needs of veterans and their families and improving the quality of life for all Americans.